Analytics

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Widgets

Finals Goodie Bags


My students start final exams on Friday! This year has gone by so fast!!

I remember when I was a freshman final exams were petrifying. As I got older they got less scary, but were also intense. I wanted to make my students something that would help them as finals rolled around and hopefully help them de-stress (a bit).

Here you can see a photo of the little "Finals Survival Kits" I made. They cost about $50 to make 80 full bags with a 20 extra that didn't quite have everything (which I'm going to divvy up with a slightly different note to some of the teachers and staff). The note attached states:

As this year comes to an end you have just final exams left! This Finals Survival Kit is from me to you thanking you for a great first year at Mater Dei and wishing you the best. 

If I don't teach you again next year, I am still available to help you during lunch, and before or after school. Otherwise, have a GREAT summer and I'll see you next year!

This kit includes:
  • A pencil to help you write the right answers
  • A grip to keep you holding on when things seem tough
  • An eraser for when you make a mistake
  • A pencil sharpener to keep you sharp during testing
  • A lifesaver for when you need a little extra help
  • A sticker to help you stick to it even when things seem hard
  • And some chewy candies because I didn't want to add anything else hard to finals week!

Best of  luck and know that I believe you can do this!

Things I thought about including, but didn't because I was sure they would just end up in the trash:
A bouncy ball to remind you to keep having fun
A toothpick to help you pick the right answer
A candle for late nights studying (birthday candles work well)
A paperclip to hold everything together
A rubber band so you stay flexible when you want to get stressed
Gum to remind you to stick to it! (Gum is against school rules, so I didn't want to go there)

Do you do anything special for finals or the end of the school year?

4 comments:

  1. We have jobs for esl skype tutor. Here: http://preply.com/en/skype/english-tutoring-jobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of me. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to tutor online.

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant idea, Carissa! I wish I had thought of that before my students left for finals! Gonna steal it for the next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just had finals and most of my students came in with their blue pencils!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. Due to spam, your comment may not show up right away, but as soon as I get a chance to approve it I will. I promise to be as fast as possible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...